Ken Hagler's Resume
- Nine years of Quality Assurance experience.
- Ten years of Configuration Management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Macintosh Operating System and software.
- Knowledge of five computer programming languages.
- References available on request.
Configuration Management Engineer
November 2002 to present
Responsible for building Mac OS, OS X, Windows, Palm OS, PocketPC, Linux, and Java projects. Create c m build scripts for new builds, and maintain scripts for existing builds. Educate development teams in c m processes and the use of version control and automated build systems. Produce c ds and c d images for product groups on request.
- Responsible for over five hundred builds.
- Created object oriented build system to simplify creation and maintenance of c m build scripts.
- Created tool to automate creation of hybrid i s o images.
- Created tool to automate code signing with a cross-platform (Windows, Mac, and Linux) front end.
- Assisted with administration of Perforce, BuildForge, and Jenkins servers.
Associate s q a Engineer
May 1999 to October 2002
Tested Macintosh, Palm OS, and PocketPC products, reporting any bugs found. Wrote web interface to internal bug and test case tracking database.
- Tested Norton AntiVirus, Norton Utilities, Norton SystemWorks, and Norton Personal Firewall on the Macintosh.
- Tested Symantec AntiVirus for Palm on the Palm OS, and Symantec AntiVirus for Handhelds on Palm OS and PocketPC.
O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
Reviewed REALbasic: The Definitive Guide for accuracy. Reported on errors in code samples and text.
August 1998 to April 1999
Maintained the Frontier c g i scripts that run the Workbook web site. Wrote new scripts to add capabilities to web site. Wrote various utility scripts as needed to automate processes. Created new databases. Assisted in maintaining web, mail, list, database, and file servers. Assisted in mastering of hybrid c d s.
- Created a Filemaker-based database system to handle the Workbook's stock photography business.
- Rewrote web site registration system, resulting in a substantial increase in speed and reliability.
- Overhauled web site interface and functionality.
- Participated in the design of an x m l-based image description language for the Picture Agency Council of America and wrote the preliminary d t d.
Macintosh System Administrator and q a Engineer
November 1996 to July 1998
Set up and maintained Mac-based servers. Organized and maintained the q a Mac Lab. Assisted the Lead Testers in organizing tests of Mac products. Organized and carried out compatibility testing. Assisted in product testing when needed.
- Created installer for the Macintosh version of Diablo.
- Set up and maintained web server for internal Tech Support and q a use.
- Designed and implemented Tech Support solutions database, to be accessible via web server.
- Created computer configuration database and system for automatically creating web pages from database records.
Macintosh Lab Coordinator and Quality Assurance Engineer
Davidson & Associates, Inc.
August 1995 to November 1996
Maintained and improved the operation of the q a Mac Lab. Tested software under development, finding and reporting all bugs found.
- Designed and implemented automated processes using Frontier and AppleScript.
- Designed and implemented system for automated testing of products using Frontier and PreFab Player.
- Created and maintained the q a Department’s page on company intranet.
- Reformated and maintained Mac Lab systems when needed.
- Provided assistance and instruction for testers in the Mac Lab.
- q a Suite
- A set of Frontier scripts and code resources for generating and comparing file checksums. Used to verify c ds in multimedia software development.
- Coauthored, with Preston Holmes. Added support for Claris Emailer 2.0, along with various bug fixes and enhancements.
- Simple suite for extracting fat page data into conventional Frontier object files.
- A translator for converting dot-head files into Frontier objects for rendering as h t m l files.
- The Blob
- A Filemaker Pro database system for tracking images in a stock photography business. Created for internal use by The Workbook.
- An application for managing user registration on a web site with multiple servers. Created for internal use by The Workbook.
- Forest Giant
- Co-authored, with Jay Arrera and Paul Lin. A Filemaker Pro database with web interface for tracking bug reports, test cases, and project status. Wrote the web interface used by groups outside of Santa Monica.
- A tool for automation of code signing requests. Uses a Python script to handle the signing, with a cross-platform application to create the requests.
- Build class
- A Python class to standardize c m build scripts, greatly simplifying their creation and maintenance.
- California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Major – Computer Information Systems, 1991–1993
- Riverside Community College – Riverside, California
- Major – Computer Information Systems, 1988–1991
- Experience with Perforce version control software and BuildForge build automation software.
- Experience operating Mac file, ftp, web, database, domain name, and mail servers.
- Can program in Python, REALbasic, AppleScript, Perl, and UserTalk.
- Experience scripting Macintosh applications.
- Familiar with a wide variety of Macintosh, Windows, and Linux applications and Internet technologies.
- Licensed Amateur Radio operator, General class (KI6HQT)